Tuesday, January 11, 2011

THE HOLIDAYS GO TOO FAST



The tree is still up.  I didn't take down the decorations yet.  I know that it's past Jan 6th, but I'm not ready to let go of the holiday season.  I was actually going to take them down today, but the kids begged me not to.  I decided to give it one more week, because to tell you the truth,  I hate taking down the decorations.

When I was little,  we would decorate on Thanksgiving Friday, and my mom seemed to play Christmas music daily.   We watched Christmas movies.  There was always a Christmas atmosphere at home, and that lasted for more than a month.  That's what I remember, anyway.   By the time that we took down the decorations, it was Jan 6, and we were satisfied.

Now, I feel that this year the holiday season went too fast.  I don't know where it went.  One day it was Thanksgiving, and then time seemed to speed up.  I don't even remember playing Christmas CD's.  I must have, right?  We watched at least one Christmas movie, didn't we? With all the "hustle and bustle", I seemed to have lost a month...somewhere.

So, here I am, hanging on to the Christmas tree and not wanting to let it go.  Sure, it's partly because it is a pain in the butt to get back in the box (artificial), and it's also annoying to put everything else in it's particular box, then shove it back into storage, but I will also miss the season that seemed to go away too fast.

No comments:

Brian Stella and the Company Town Band


BRIAN%20STELLA%20AND%20THE%20COMPANY%20TOWN%20BAND
Quantcast

Total Pageviews